Nobilis® Ma5 + Clone 30
The first live combination vaccine against Infectious Bronchitis serotype Massachusetts and Newcastle Disease in chickens using cloned strains.
Nobilis Ma5 + Clone 30 is a live vaccine against Infectious Bronchitis serotype Massachusetts (strain Ma5) and Newcastle Disease in chickens.
Active components per dose:
– Live I.B. strain Ma5: >= 3.0 log10 EID50
– Live ND strain Clone 30: >= 6.0 log10 EID50
A freeze-dried pellet.
Indications Immunization of healthy chickens against disease caused by the Massachusetts type or serologically related types of Infectious Bronchitis Virus, and Newcastle Disease.
– The vaccine is safe to use from 1 day of age onwards.
– The optimum time and method of administration depend largely upon the local situation.
– Therefore, the advice of a veterinary surgeon should be sought.
One drop per bird.
Method of administration
– Spray method.
The vaccine should be dissolved in cool, clean water which is free of iron and chlorine. The vials should be opened under water. The spray apparatus should be free from sediments, corrosion and traces of disinfectants (preferably used for vaccination purpose only). The vaccine medicated water should be sprayed evenly over the correct number of birds, at a distance of 30 to 40 cm, preferably when the birds are sitting together in dim light. For day old chicks use 0.25 liter for 1000 birds and for older birds use 0.5 liter for 1000 birds and set the nozzle to produce a coarse spray.
– Intranasal / intraocular instillation.
Dissolve the vaccine in physiological saline solution (usually 30 ml per 1000 doses) and administer by means of a standardised dropper. One drop should be applied from a height of a few centimetres into one nostril or one eye. The handler should ensure that the nasal drop is inhaled by the bird.
Note: For intranasal / intraocular administration a special diluent, Diluent Oculo Nasal is available.
– Drinking water.
The vials should be opened under water. Use cool, clean water which is free of iron and chlorine. By adding 2 gm skimmed milk powder per litre of water the virus retains its activity much longer. Ensure uptake of all the vaccine-medicated water in 2 hours. Depending on the weather conditions, it may be advisable to deprive the birds of water prior to vaccination. A sufficient number of water containers to provide adequate drinking space is essential. These should be clean and free from traces of detergents and disinfectants. Dissolve 1000 doses in as many litres of water as the age of the birds in days, to a maximum of 40 litres. The vaccine should be given in the early morning as this is the main period for drinking or the cool period on a hot day. When vaccinating larger flocks, it is advisable to start by dissolving only part of the vaccine. If vaccine is administered through a central water supply or a proportioner, great care should be taken. For numbers of birds between standard dosages, the next higher dosage should be chosen.
Note: Administration by coarse spray or the oculo-nasal route gives the best response. These should be the methods of choice, especially when vaccinating young birds.
Boxes of vials each containing 1000 or 2500 doses.
Store at a temperature of 2-8°C in the dark.
When used according to instructions: None.
– Reconstituted vaccine should be used within two hours.
– Use of the vaccine can cause temporary conjunctivitis in the operator.
– Avoid exposure to the vaccine virus as much as possible (e.g. by wearing a face mask).
– The vaccine viruses spread readily to contact chickens.
– Dispose of empty or part-used vials in accordance with local regulations.
– Vaccinate healthy birds only.
– Wash and disinfect hands and equipment after vaccinating.
– Each vial should be used immediately after opening.