The first Salmonella vaccine protecting against both S. enteritidis and S. typhimurium for breeders. An inactivated vaccine containing Salmonella enteritidis PT 4 and Salmonella typhimurium DT104 in aluminum hydroxide adjuvant.
Inactivated vaccine against Salmonella enteritidis PT4 and Salmonella typhimurium DT104 in chickens.
– Inactivated Salmonella enteritidis PT4.
– Inactivated Salmonella typhimurium DT104.
Suspension for injection containing aluminium hydroxide as an adjuvant.
For the active immunisation of chickens against S. enteritidis and S. typhimurium and to give passive immunity against these agents in the progeny.
The recommended vaccination schedule is 0.5 ml at 10-12 weeks of age and a booster dose of 0.5 ml at 14-18 weeks of age, with a minimum interval of 6 weeks between the two vaccinations.
In case there is a high risk of early infection, a 0.1 ml injection can be given at day-old, followed by 0.5 ml at 4 weeks of age and a booster dose of 0.5 ml at 14-18 weeks of age.
0.1 ml for day-old chicks and 0.5 ml for older birds.
Method of administration
Intramuscularly into the leg or breast muscle.
500 ml bottles.
Store at a temperature of 2-8°C and avoid freezing.
When used according to instructions: None.
Dispose of empty or part-used vials in accordance with local regulations.
– Vaccinate healthy birds only.
– Before use allow the vaccine to reach room temperature (20-25°C).
– Shake the bottle well before use.
– Use sterile injection equipment.
– Use the entire contents when first opened.
– Opened vials should be used within three hours.
– Do not mix with other vaccines.
– Should a vaccinator inject himself or a bystander by accident, a local reaction may occur. It is recommended that the advice of a doctor is sought, taking care to inform the doctor that the vaccine is an oil emulsion